SCS Engineers is expanding its business and is seeking an independent, forward-thinking environmental professional with an outstanding business and technical presence to assist in growing, managing, and developing the Virginia Beach area. This position demands a skilled leader with a network of contacts and experience within the regional environmental community. This person will lead our Environmental Services practice for our Virginia Beach, VA office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizing and contributing to business development activities, and serving as a client manager to foster/develop/maintain client relationships.
- Developing scopes of work and budgets, managing, and executing Phase I and II environmental site assessments, remedial actions, indoor air assessments, industrial hygiene monitoring, environmental compliance auditing and permitting, and related environmental services with senior oversight.
- Communicating with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
- Ensuring adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, and represents the company in conferences to resolve important questions, and plans and coordinates work.
- Management of projects should include lead technical person, client contact, scheduling of personnel, and other management duties such as projecting manpower requirements, billing projections, invoicing, and accounts receivable management.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or Science required.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience. Experience must include hands-on field and office based activities in environmental consulting. Specific experience on solid or hazardous waste management, industrial projects, Federal/DoD, groundwater assessments and landfill compliance monitoring/ reporting is a plus.
- Network of contacts and business development experience in the Virginia Beach area is required.
- Demonstrated experience in project development and execution in the Public (Federal/DoD/state/local) and Private sectors.
- Professional Certification (EIT/PE/PG/CIH) and current OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required.
- Must be detail-oriented and a team player with great communication, technical writing, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!