ERM is seeking a hands-on Air Quality Measurement Field Engineer (Stack Testing) looking for a career opportunity, to be based out of our Nashville, TN office. As part of a field team, you will work with and conduct air monitoring and emissions measurement activities, equipment calibrations and maintenance, routine emission analysis, as well as collect, organize, and manage field data for air quality compliance and emissions assessment programs. Projects will be located throughout the Western US, North America, and possible international locations in support of ERM's regional and national air quality practice. The successful candidate will also network with ERM's national air quality technical team to share consulting opportunities, business relationships, and the application of best practices to address client needs.
ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change technical community pursues and wins highly innovative engagements for the most interesting clients, providing the full breadth of air quality and climate change services. With annual global sales in excess of $50 million, ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change service area is one of the largest among its peers in our industry and is steadily growing at a double-digit pace. In North America alone, ERM has more than 300 dedicated air quality and climate change professionals assisting clients with projects as diverse as developing responses to emerging Low Carbon Fuel Standards, to leading complex capital projects through the many hurdles associated with the NSR permitting program.
- Work with air quality engineers and lead field teams supporting clients to execute project scope and plans for specific-site testing and data collection.
- Good understanding of USEPA Reference Methods and general field testing applications for standard pollutant testing (particulates and gases) .
- Strong mechanical and hands on skills supporting equipment preparation, repairs, with understanding of calibrations and O&M procedures
- Transport company equipment to project sites with ERM-owned vehicles and trailers.
- Preparation and operation of field equipment at project sites that involve movement and setup equipment, climbing ladders, stairs routinely for air emissions testing.
- Perform instrumentation operation, maintenance and calibration of sampling/testing equipment in filed and local shop.
- Prepare air emissions samples for laboratory analysis.
- Ensure the safety of oneself and one’s team members during project operations with SAFETY FIRST.
- Support ERM's "Zero Accident" health and safety programs.
- Works with junior and mid-level staff in the proper planning and execution of air quality projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Support the general growth and development of ERM’s global air quality and climate change services. Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute air quality projects, including participating on teams comprised of Air Quality & Climate Change professionals from multiple offices around the global organization.
- BS degree in chemistry, science, or engineering.
- 2-5+ years of air quality measurement experience, with progressive project management and field team leadership responsibilities.
- Good mechanical skills and general knowledge and/or understanding of electrical components.
- Physically able to lift equipment (~50 lbs) during setup and climb ladders/platforms.
- Commitment to safety.
- Good driving record and ability to obtain DOT medical card for intrastate driving/transport.
- Computer skills, including good understanding of Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, team environment, and solid "people” skills.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
- Local candidates preferred
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!