This is an interdisciplinary position that will be filled either as a Wetlands Conservationist, Soil Conservationist or Soil Scientist. The final official title will be assigned based on the qualifications of the incumbent.
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the team leader of the State Compliance Team (CT);
- Ensures that Highly Erodible Land (HEL) and Wetland Compliance (WC) technical determinations, activities, are conducted in compliance with applicable statues, regulations, policies and procedures
- Develops, recommends, and coordinates new or updated HEL and WC policies and procedures to the supervisor and the State Leadership Team, i.e., State Resource Conservationist (SRC), State Soil Scientist (SSS), and State Appeals Coordinator (SAC).
- Provides technical advice and assistance to NRCS field, area, and state professional and administrative personnel in interpreting imagery, establishing history, and making technical determinations consistent with HEL
- and WC provisions of the National Food Security Act.
- Work with appropriate NRCS officials to recommend actions(s) to correct deficiencies and make sure suggested improvements in agency policies, practices, and procedures based on lessons learned.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!