Requisition Number: 74048
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: None
The Davey Resource Group Inc
POSITION: Forestry Technician
POSITION LOCATIONS: Fresno, California (must live in this area or be willing to relocate to)
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the employee owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS and remote sensing consulting services. Do you want a career working outdoors? Our team is composed of professional foresters, certified arborists, natural resource managers, environmental scientists, geospatial specialists, wildland firefighters, landscape, nursery, tree care and park and recreation professionals.
* Assist in the layout, implementation, data gathering and writing of Timber Harvest Plans and Fuel Management Plans
* Perform surveys for environmentally sensitive areas and species as identified by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
* Work with a diverse team of professionals, agency representatives and various stakeholders
* Build a culture of safety and excellence
* Minimum 2-year degree in forestry or related environmental sciences field, or minimum two years of traditional forestry experience
* Currently working towards or have a desire of becoming a Registered Professional Forester
* Demonstrated knowledge of tree species identification, forest mensuration techniques, and the use of tools associated with timber cruising, marking, and layout for Timber Harvest Plans
* Demonstrated ability to read maps and aerial photography and use a compass and GPS
* Must be able to work alone in inclement weather and safely traverse steep and brushy terrain
* Possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and ability to operate a 4x4 off-road vehicle
* High degree of self-motivation, excellent organizational skills, excellent decision-making skills and positive attitude
* Is an International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist or ability to become certified within 1 year
* Possesses a BS or advanced degree in forestry or closely related field
* Familiarity with California Forest Practice Rules and California Environmental Quality Act
* Demonstrated experience setting up harvest units, including on-the-ground delineation of harvest boundaries, watercourse protection zones and other environmentally sensitive areas
* Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel in the writing of environmental documents including timber harvest plans or forest management plans and using Excel to statistically extrapolate cruise-plot measurements into stand-level data.
* Knowledge of other resource areas, such as wildlife management or archaeology, in order to recognize situations that require specific protection measures
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Company Vehicle/Fuel Card
* Company Phone
* Paid time off and paid holidays
* Opportunities for advancement
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
* Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
* Group Health Plan
* Employee referral bonus program
* Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
* Employee Scholarship for AS degree in Environmental Management
* Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
* Charitable matching gift program
* Company paid professional certifications and continuing education
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DRG offers competitive wages based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit jobs.davey.com for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.