Tree Care Groundsperson
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Tree Care Groundsperson to our passionate team of landscaping professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- You will assist the climbers, foreman, and other crew members.
- Performing all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients Including but not limited to:
- Pruning, thinning and removing deadwood throughout the tree canopy
- Installation of cables, bracing and lightning protection systems
- Removal of hazardous trees
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
- Be part of the most progressive greenspace stewardship team in the industry.
What We’re Looking For:
- Love of the outdoors
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist ®, ISA Certified Tree Worker ®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional ®
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job-specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
- Group health plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout the US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career development program supported by industry expert Safety Specialists and Skills Trainers
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- A charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees
Visit www.jobs.davey.com to search for Davey jobs all over the country!
If you need assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Requisition Number: 73606