Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager (Los Angeles)
As a Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager working out of our Los Angeles office, you will work with Environmental Planners and Scientists performing environmental planning for federal, state, and municipal agencies.
As part of an interactive team you will assist in managing and completing environmental documentation and obtaining necessary environmental regulatory permits for transportation and other linear and horizontal infrastructure projects.
This position may also support construction compliance activities by development of mitigation monitoring and reporting plans (MMRPs) and ensuring environmental commitments are included in contract documents or performing monitoring of construction activities as needed.
Knowledge, Understanding, and Implementation of:
- Experience with federal, state, and local laws, ordinances and regulations
- Development and implementation of mitigation monitoring plans and other construction compliance procedures
- Experience with California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) analysis and document preparation• Federal, state, and local agency regulatory permitting
The successful candidate will safely perform the following work:
- Independently perform quality NEPA/CEQA analysis in support of a variety of projects.
- Manage mid-level and large NEPA and CEQA efforts• Obtain environmental permits• Develop MMRPs
- Observe construction activities for compliance to ensure environmental commitments are implemented and reported properly
- Assist in development of health and safety plans in support of field efforts
- Lead field efforts on uneven terrain in all weather conditions
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with environmental professionals, engineers, clients, outside agencies, and the public as required.
- Legally operate a motorized vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Perform work on a computer in an office environment.
- Work on project proposals and provide other business development and client relationship support
- BA or BS in Environmental Planning or a related degree from an accredited school, •
- Valid driver’s license
- 10+ years’ professional planning and/or engagement in managing environmental documents and planning activities with a recognized association or society
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of stakeholders including other environmental professionals, engineers, outside agencies, and the public as required• Ability to independently develop quality environmental analysis and documents for review by peer or senior quality assurance staff
- Experience with Caltrans a plus
- Experience with LA Metro a plus
- Willingness and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to perform fieldwork in adverse weather conditions traversing uneven terrain and clearly document field observations
- Experience with data-analysis functions of Esri GIS software a plus
- Experience using industry standard word processing, spreadsheet, database, and GIS software
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet accelerated deadline
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!