About the Position: The U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY is an academic institution located in the Hudson River Valley, 50 miles from New York City. The historic site is the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point is a self-contained city with housing, a Department of Public Works, libraries, hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. Employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, Hudson Valley's performing arts center, and recreational facilities.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an Environmental Protection Assistant performing a variety of technical support and assistance work in connection with the operation of West Point's environmental programs.
- Gathers information through sampling and fieldwork.
- Performs literature searches and varied data collection, tracking, computing and summarizing of data.
- Assists in the development, coordination, preparation and management of environmental plans, reports, and correspondence.
- Assists in investigating and responding to allegations of environmental pollution and disturbance.
- Performs general office support functions.
- Types a variety of correspondence, forms, reports, etc., from rough drafts or previous examples.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!