Requisition Number: 69466
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a Division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, has opportunities as an Information Technology Programmer. Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.
DUTIES: The IT Programmer will provide our government, commercial, utility, not for profit, and internal clients with the tools, services and solutions needed to effectively collect, assemble, manage and report on information. This is a full stack position where the candidate will be expected to work effectively in a variety of computer systems and software languages. Desire to understand the contract needs and specifications of customers and develop appropriate solutions. Organize and develop efficient daily work assignments from start to completion. Analyze data requests and design appropriate solutions. Program systems to meet client and/or project specifications. Provide support to product users positively and effectively. Manage data holdings in an organized structure and obtain useful data sets. Positively represent the company and the client at professional meetings.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Four year degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar position
● Strong skills and capabilities in at least two of the following areas of expertise:
○ Web Development - Experience developing rich, web-based user interfaces using
HTML. Experience with ColdFusion and/or Node.js a strong plus
○ Database Programming – experience with relational database systems such as PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
○ Network/Server Administration – experience with server management, maintenance and optimization a plus
● Technical certification and licensing as required
● Knowledge and proficiency in the principles, techniques and applications of software development and interface design
● Understanding of GIT and Source Control practices is a plus
● Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems concepts is a plus
● Previous experience with interacting with RESTful APIs are a strong plus
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey ss Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.