Requisition Number: 69486
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a Division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, has opportunities as an Information Technology Programmer. Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.
DUTIES: The Systems Administrator administers, develops, runs tests on, implements, and maintains operating system and related software. Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters. Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems. Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
● Recommends hardware and software upgrades according to growth statistics and disk space forecasts.
● Schedules, plans, and performs system upgrades, including coordinating the transition from test to production environments.
● Schedules tasks using software support tools and scripts.
● Configures hardware, such as workstations, printers, servers, and tape devices.
● Provides technical support for system users.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Four year degree in Computer Science and/or 4 years equivalent work experience
● Strong skills and capabilities in operating system management:
○ Windows 2012 R2 Server and higher
○ Linux OS
○ Java Virtual Machine tuning and troubleshooting
● Experience managing the following server technologies a strong plus
○ PostgreSQL / PostGIS
○ NGINX / IIS
○ Node / PM2
● Working technical knowledge of networking
● Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience, with proven analytical and problem-solving experience
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to present ideas and solutions in both technical and non-technical language.
● Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
● Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
● Highly self motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
● Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
● Strong customer service orientation
● Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
● Technical certification and licensing as required
● Understanding of GIT and Source Control practices is a plus
● Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems concepts is a plus
● Interacting with RESTful APIs are a strong plus
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time position, with on-call availability. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes the option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey ss Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.