Davey Tree is seeking a Climbing Arborist Trainees to join our Residential & Commercial Tree Care team in Lake Forest Park, WA
Those willing to work in a physically demanding, yet rewarding role - and with prior experience in Forestry, Landscape or experience in relatable fields with outdoor work experience (construction, landscaping), are encouraged to apply.
- Support Foreman and Trimmer(s) completing tree pruning, removal, cabling & bracing
- Maintain clean and orderly drop zone while running ropes and supplying tools to Trimmer(s) and Foreman
- Operate chipper, trucks, stump grinders or special equipment
- Cutting, chipping and loading brush and wood and proper job site cleanup
- Participate in job-site Hazards, Obstacles, Plan, Equipment (H.O.P.E) process
- Responsible for maintaining crew gear and equipment as directed by Foreman
- Willingness to learn to prune trees and shrubs and make satisfactory progress in Davey Career Development Program
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Desire to work in a physically demanding outdoor position during a variety of weather conditions
- Prior experience operating chippers & chainsaws highly valuable
- Control road and sidewalk traffic as needed by use of warning devices and other methods
- Understand proper job site set up and cleanup procedures
- Valid Driver's License is required
- An ideal candidate will have six months to one year work experience in an outdoor work setting
- Potential for overtime
- Reimbursement is available for industry related certifications
- All uniforms, climbing gear and PPE provided
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses
- Performance incentive plan
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid time off vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick leave
- 401K retirement plan with employer matched contribution.
- Opportunity to buy Davey Tree stock after 90 days of employment + option to purchase stock at lowered employee discount rate after 1 year of employment
- Employee referral bonus program (refer your friend to Davey Tree for employment and earn a bonus)
- Management mentoring program available should you desire to advance your career
- Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify/Social Security Number Verification and Criminal Background Check are required.
- The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Full time hourly position and compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and option to buy Company stock after 1 year of employment, plus access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
- Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
The Davey Tree Legacy
Since 1880, our clients have trusted us to care for their most precious natural assets. Our history is rooted in preserving and caring for trees, but our evolution has grown to include whole natural environments. Davey is one of only a handful of companies in the world that can claim this rich, century-plus heritage and a record of continuous growth, even during tough economic times.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us 877-411-7601 x6107 or WesternRegionJobs@davey.com