The Davey Tree Expert Company
POSITION: Program Biologist
The Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, currently has an opportunity for a Program biologist on our Natural Resource Management team. This position is for someone who is ready to design, build, and manage their own biology program. DRG is looking for the right person who has on the ground biological experience, a range of contacts in the industry, and is ready to take ownership of and grow a biological consulting team. . The position is a remote position that at first would require about 50% travel . As the program builds, this position would transition into doing more management and oversight of a team and travel time could be reduced.The responsibility of this position will be business development through a phased approach beginning with field work and developing into a management position overseeing a team of qualified professional biologists and ecologists. The candidate should have a working knowledge of industry regulations, best management practices, and procedures and be confident in their ability to use this knowledge to provide solutions to project managers to aid in meeting project goals.
POSITION LOCATIONS: Throughout California and the Western States
* Monitor construction crew activities in listed species habitat in utility rights-of-way.
* Conduct wildlife and botanical surveys and sweeps for protected species
* Assist in projects involving CEQA and NEPA
* Writing documents including assisting with proposals, developing environmental documents such as NEPA and CEQA, developing plans, project reports, etc.
* Build relationships with current and potential clients through current work, conferences, and known contacts. Build relationships with our current team of arborists, foresters, and other specialists.
* Hire, grow, and manage a team to provide unmatched biological and ecological services to our clients
* B.S. in Biology, Ecology, or other equivalent fields.
* 5+ years working in the environmental consulting industry
* Must have strong writing and communication skills
* Personable and able to use current and new connections within the industry to build a program
* Have an interest in meeting new people and putting in the hard but rewarding work to build and manage your own team
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits, and F/T positions include the option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry-related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.