Davey Tree is seeking qualified Climbing Arborists (Tree Trimmers) to join our Residential Tree Care team in Colma (South San Francisco) California.
- Assist Foreman in completing all aspects of Tree Pruning, Removal, Cabling & Bracing by working as both second climber and ground crew
- Operate Chippers, Trucks, Aerial Lifts, stump grinders or special equipment
- Participate in job-site Hazards, Obstacles, Plan, Equipment (H.O.P.E) process
- Maintain issued climbing gear, chainsaw, and shared crew equipment as directed by Foreman
- Complete Davey Aerial Rescue Training
- Make satisfactory progress in Davey Career Development Program
- Valid Driver’s License required – CDL Class B or ability to attain preferred.
- Ability to satisfactorily perform Groundman duties
- Under Direct Supervision ability to demonstrate proficiency:
- Climbing trees with Closed or Open Climbing System
- Pruning to ANSI A300 standards.
- Operating chippers and chainsaws
BENEFITS / WE OFFER:
- Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Potential for overtime
- Generous performance incentive plan
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid time off vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick leave
- 401K retirement plan, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year
- Employee referral bonus program (earn $1,000 if we hire your friend/referal)
- All uniforms, climbing gear and PPE provided
- Footware (work boots) available for purchase through payroll deductions
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses
- Reimbursement is available for industry related certifications
- Internships and management mentoring programs available
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification are required.
The Davey Tree Expert Company and CLS are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned.
Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Requisition Number: 50846
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES - Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%