Total Reclaim, Inc. was incorporated in 1991. Total Reclaim is a recycler of computers, computer monitors, televisions, and other electronic equipment, providing an alternative to the land-filling of potentially toxic materials. Most of our residual materials, including leaded glass, metals, circuit boards, and plastics are recycled using established markets. When feasible, some electronics are repaired and put back on the market for reuse. We also have a sister company, EcoLights Northwest, that recycles fluorescent light bulbs, ballasts and batteries.
EcoLights Northwest is a recycler of fluorescent and other mercury bearing lamps and a broker for the recycling and incineration of PCB and non-PCB ballasts, and a broker for Universal Waste batteries for recycling.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager has responsibility for maintaining existing company EH&S programs, regulatory compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental, industrial hygiene, and occupational health regulations. The EHS Manager will ensure continuing compliance by participating in compliance audits and overseeing internal audits. Coordinates with senior management to ensure compliance with regulations, collaborates with production managers to ensure line employees receive effective health and safety training, and ensures all regulatory documentation is maintained and that required reports are filed in a timely manner. Must be knowledgeable and up to date on federal, state and local environmental regulations as well as industrial hygiene and occupational health protocols, programs and procedures.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage all EH&S regulatory and corporate reporting requirements;
• Facilitate hazardous waste shipments
• Quarterly sampling
• Act as the Emergency Response Coordinator;
• Coordinate and attend monthly safety meetings;
• Conduct risk assessments, industrial hygiene monitoring and ensure regular facility inspections to eliminate, minimize and control existing and potential hazards;
• Review incident and accident reports to determine measures needed to prevent repeats, including root cause analysis;
• Identify EH&S training needs, conduct or oversee this training, and ensure maintenance of the company training database;
• Provide assistance regarding material classification, waste profiling and manifesting;
• Direct the movement of all hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and other materials to approved downstream destinations;
• Ensure completion of all waste and material tracking and reporting documentation;
• Work with Logistics department to ensure shipment documentation meets regulatory requirements;
• Assist Sales in responding to EH&S components of customer RFP's;
• Assist in managing L&I claims including Light Duty letters
Bachelors degree in EH&S or related field
• 3-5 years management experience in EH&S compliance;
• Experience with manifesting requirements, processes and procedures
• Industrial/Manufacturing EH&S experience strongly preferred,
• Good understanding of federal, state and local regulatory authority, including: EPA, OSHA, DOT, Ecology, PSCAA, etc. and familiarity with federal TSCA, RCRA and Washington Dangerous Waste Rules;
• Experience in implementing and/or maintaining an ISO or similar certification system;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a customer-service attitude;
• Proficient in computer software applications (Microsoft office suite);
• Strong writing and problem solving skills;
• Experience with compliance audits
DOT Hazmat Training
Internal Audit Training
Personal Protective Equipment:
Working in the warehouse requires wearing, at minimum, steel-toed boots and safety glasses. Additional PPE may be required depending on the work area.
Ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally
The employee in this position will work in several environments. Our EcoLights facility processes lamps, mercury containing devices, lighting ballasts (both PCB and Non-PCB) and batteries for recycling. All Total Reclaim Facilities (Washington, Oregon and Alaska) have both office space and a warehouse which can be dusty/dirty. Forklifts are used in all Total Reclaim and EcoLights warehouses to move and lift objects weighing up to 2,000 lbs. The employee in this position must work safely among forklift use in all warehouses.
Occasional travel to any of the Total Reclaim facilities will be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.