This position, located within the Montana VA Healthcare System, Fort Harrison, ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations governing air emissions, hazardous materials, non-hazardous and hazardous waste, oil spills, water quality, and the storage of regulated substances (e.g. petroleum products, chemicals, and wastes), among other areas, and works to alleviate the adverse impacts of human activities on the environment.
Learn more about this agency
- Administers the Green Environmental Management System (GEMS) program;
- Completes permits and leads facility self-assessments, inspections, and other environmental investigations;
- Advises senior management on status of environmental programs and recommends changes in the design of facility work programs to meet new environmental requirements;
- Schedules and leads environmental audits to identify and evaluate program implementation and compliance activities;
- Trains and provides instruction on a variety of subjects related to specific and specialized environmental topics;
- Conducts site inspections, collects data, review documents, analyzes evidence, evaluates results, writes reports and recommends corrective action or procedures for compliance; and,
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
25% or less - Travel is 25% or less for EOC rounds, program audits/inspections.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!