We are currently recruiting for a full-time Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Coordinator - a critical team member who will support planning for the land conservation activities of Ag + Open Space. This position is assigned to Ag + Open Space’s Conservation Planning Program. This is an excellent opportunity to join a mission-driven organization with a passion for protecting lands that contribute to Sonoma County’s scenic beauty, local agriculture, native habitats and recreational lands.
- This position is responsible for overseeing and administering the District’s GIS databases, data models, infrastructures, and platforms, and may have lead level responsibilities for the coordination and review of work, as well as training for GIS staff.
- In collaboration with others, this position will be responsible for a major evolution of the District’s data and analysis framework, and will need to work pro-actively with a range of people, systems, policies, hardware and software to effect and maintain this change.
- In addition to large scale, ongoing, proactive process improvements, the position will also need to respond to the daily GIS and mapping needs of the organization – including identifying, creating, and maintaining spatial data and summary statistics, recommending and performing complex analyses, and developing maps and other data.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Any combination of education and work experience that would provide an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed herein.
- Normally, this would include a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, with major coursework in Geographic Information Science, information systems, computer science, urban or regional planning, environmental planning, natural resources management, or a related field and three years of progressively responsible experience in
technical or data management specific to GIS systems as applied to conservation planning, open space, parks, natural resources, land use or a similar field.
- A graduate degree in a related field and experience with technical project management are desirable.
How to Apply: Applications are accepted online. Application submissions require the supplemental questionnaire be completed. All applications must be received by midnight, December 16th. Interviews for selected candidates will be held January 16th and 21st in Santa Rosa.