The EHS Specialist will be responsible for collaborating with site-level operations teams in order to define and execute EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations.
The individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve the local EHS program for all divisions present on campus. The EHS Specialist acts as the primary point of contact to Executive management providing reports and strategic direction. The EHS Specialist will also be the primary liaison with authorities’ representatives.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review the EHS program, requirements and initiatives
- Provide day to day technical advices, coaching and support to campus personnel
- Develop and implement EHS training programs across the site
- Manage the workers compensation and injury management processes
- Assist in the identification of possible EHS losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; support the development and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness
- Lead the Emergency Response Team
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected
- Coordinate with Management on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with Liebherr policies and safety requirements
- Identify, apply and maintain relevant environmental permits
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies
- Lead the site Safety Committee
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and effective
- Support site Base Risk Assessments
- Liaise with LME to implement strategic directives
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Safety & Health, Environmental Science or a related field or any combination of experience and education required. Minimum 1 to 3 years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production or service operations.
- Ability to analyze data to determine compliance with regulatory requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate ability to manage projects efficiently
- Ability to promote a safe and healthful work environment; Looks for ways to improve and promote safety.
- Demonstrate ability to build trust and confidence with the operations teams and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor personnel well as operations Specialists.
- Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), ANSI, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), EPA standards and any other relevant regulations.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001, ISO 31000
- Knowledge of Ergonomics
- Ability to manage industrial hygiene program and Environmental sampling requirements.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to work at heights
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!