Coastal Resources, Inc., a small, woman-owned, ecological consulting firm located in Annapolis, MD, is currently looking for a Stream Restoration Specialist or PE to work on various environmental and transportation projects. Work will primarily focus on providing geomorphic assessments of stream channels, and natural channel designs for stream restoration projects in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The successful candidate will be capable of working effectively in both the office and field. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, self-starting team player who is organized and able to work effectively under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- B.S. or B.A. degree required with a major in Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or a similar field
- 10+ years of experience conducting geomorphic surveys, monitoring stream restoration projects, watershed assessment, stream mitigation site searches, stream corridor assessments, performing data entry and analysis, and report preparation
- Project management experience, including supervising a staff of professionals, project scheduling and workload allocation
- Must have the ability to train and mentor less experienced staff
- Knowledge of H&H modeling software (HEC-RAS, HY-8, TR-55, and TR-20)
- Familiar with Maryland Erosion & Sediment Control regulations
- Proficiency with GPS and GIS technologies to support technical field work and reporting
- Proficient with CADD software (Microstation/AutoCAD)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- M.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or a similar field
- PE license
- Experience with preparing reports, plans, specifications and estimates for stream restoration projects
- Familiar with SWM regulations
- Experience with coordinating with clients, including federal, state and local agencies
- Rosgen or other stream restoration training
Position my require field work in all weather conditions and a high level of teamwork in a fast-paced and fun work environment. Competitive salary and benefits package. EEO. No phone calls please. Email cover letter, resume and references to Sally Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!