Did you know the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) offers some of the most diverse career opportunities in state government? Opportunities expand well beyond parks and recreation. Our team of biologists, communications professionals, engineers, and IT specialists, just to name a few, help the Department fulfill its responsibility to manage and protect some of Ohio’s most critical resources – forests, rivers, breath-taking natural areas, shorelines and islands, astounding geologic formations, wildlife, oil, gas, minerals and water resources. If you’re interested in joining a team of passionate employees who stay up to date on the latest research, act on good ideas, and work hard to maintain public trust, the ODNR wants you to apply! Through the ODNR Summer Internship Program, interns will:
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of what the Department does and why
- Have access to unique professional development and training opportunities
- Play a role in ensuring a balance between wise use and protection of Ohio’s natural resources for the benefit of all
The deadline to apply is December 6, 2019. Applications for the ODNR Summer 2020 Internship Program are currently being accepted for positions statewide and from students of all disciplines. ODNR seeks applicants from a wide variety of academic majors, including, but not limited to:
- ARTS: digital arts, graphic design, journalism, visual communication design
- BUSINESS: advertising, accounting, business, communication, English, finance, history, hospitality management, human resources, information management, information systems, marketing, operations management, public affairs
- HUMAN SERVICES: criminal justice, fire science, outdoor recreation and education, recreation management, tourism
- ENGINEERING: architectural, civil, environmental, geological, mechanical, mining, petroleum, engineering technology
- SCIENCE: biology, botany, chemistry, conservation management, earth science, ecology, environmental studies, entomology, forestry, geography, geology, natural resource management, wildlife management, water management, zoology
- TECHNICAL: carpentry, facilities maintenance, geographic information science (GIS), welding
An ODNR internship offers:
- Hands-on, practical experience
- Flexible hours
- The option to gain school credit
- A safe, inclusive, respectful workplace
ODNR Core Values:
- Do The Right Thing, The Right Way
- Promote Science-Based Stewardship
- If It’s Worth Doing, It’s Worth Doing Now
- Strive for Excellence in Customer Service
- Commit to Great Communication
To apply, visit ohiodnr.gov/jobs.
- To apply, review program details and access the intern application by visiting www.ohiodnr.gov/jobs - Summer 2020 Internship Program section.
- Must be enrolled as a student at an accredited college, university, or community college which offers or leads to an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree & in good academic standing (2.5 GPA or higher)
To apply, review program details and access the intern application by visiting www.ohiodnr.gov/jobs - Summer 2020 Internship Program section.
Background Check Information The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.