* This role can be located in Glen Allen, Virginia or Cayce, South Carolina.
This position has responsibility for environmental compliance, permitting and oversight. Provides technical direction and oversight to junior staff and contractors/consultants. The primary focus is air, however work may involve other environmental media and training. Technical complexity of work is medium to high.
Job duties include:
- High-level understanding of state/federal air emissions inventories, operational parametric monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Develops, implements, coordinates complex air quality programs and projects.
- Writes and edits scientific reports, suitable for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates and leads complex environmental permitting activities.
- Provides regulatory and scientific expertise, advice, guidance, and intrepretation to ensure or improve compliance with all regulatory and voluntary Greenhouse Gas, Carbon, and Methane reduction requirements/initiatives.
- Prepares and submits correspondence, reports, and testimonies to regulatory agencies.
- Represents Company before regulatory agencies, industry groups, and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
- 5+ years of experience with the Clean Air Act requirements, including New Source Review and Title V permitting, air compliance, reporting and emissions data management. Note: A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will be considered one year towards the qualifications.
- BS or MS in Physical Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent eduation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extremely knowledgeable of the Clean Air Act requirements.
- Proven ability to handle challenging situations with multiple audiences.
- Respectful assertiveness to proactively ensure environmental compliance requirements are met by others.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proven team building skills, communication skills, writing skills and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people internal and external to the organization in a collaborative fashion.
- Proven ability to work in a geographically diverse team environment.
BS or MS in physical science
Working ConditionsOffice Work Environment 76 -100%
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!