Requisition Number: 43776
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: None
The Davey Resource Group Inc
POSITION: Consulting Utility Forester
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until a suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring arborists, foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION LOCATION: San Diego, CA
* Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs
* Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with overhead conductors
* Identify tree and brush control work and enter data into hand-held computer
* Notify landowners of impending compliance or reliability work
* Discuss and negotiate incompatible vegetation removals
* Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
* Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
* Must be eligible to test for the ISA certification within one year
* Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science or a related discipline
* Utility right of way vegetation management experience preferred
* Ability to identify local tree species and knowledge of growth rates
* Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
* Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
* Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.