GROW WITH US
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
- Giving back to our communities and our environment by volunteering time and resources
- Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
- Exhibiting Ownership in a company that does the right things for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the company, the communities we serve, and our environment.
- Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Waste Zero Specialist 1
Under close supervision, responsible for the coordination, implementation and administration of designed recycling programs through a comprehensive approach involving education, community-wide services, pick-up and processing of recyclable materials from residential, industrial and commercial customers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Complete waste and diversion assessments for customers.
- Develops and delivers effective public education programs in franchise cities that fulfill contract requirements and support regional sustainability goals.
- Serves as Company representative and primary contact for city staff and elected officials, as well as regional organizations, associations, and Chambers.
- Prepares and delivers speeches and presentations within the community for customers.
- Contributes content for media such as social media, ads, annual reports to cities, presentations, and other communications material to promote the company and its services.
- Coordinates recycling programs with local jurisdictions and educates existing and new customers on program elements and related services.
- Monitors and researches relevant public policy issues that impact various operational and business practices of the Company.
- Maintains and updates all documents required by law and company policy.
- Travels frequently to various offsite meetings.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One year of related experience in resource recovery (e.g., waste disposal, recycling).
- Valid driver’s license.
IDEAL CANDIDATE – The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees within this classification.
- Technical and professional principles, practices, laws, applications and programs in position related area.
- Current developments and trends in areas of marketing, communications and public outreach.
- Computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Skills and / or Ability to:
- Promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources as well as finding ways to use waste products in ways that benefit the environment.
- Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generate innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
- Demonstrate ability to use computers and technology capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise as well as company business.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely; provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
- Present ideas effectively to individuals or groups and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Consistently build and share knowledge and expertise about current job through reading, new experiences, and exposure to new ideas.
- Listen to and build customer relationships; increase customer satisfaction and ensure commitments are met.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee-owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission-driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- becoming an owner in our Company
- two retirement plans:
- a supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) match (up to 4% of salary)
- health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- educational assistance (up to $5,250 per year)
- a robust employee assistance program with financial guidance, legal assistance, dependent referrals and lots of discounts to a variety of vendors
- an employee referral program where you can achieve cash incentives (up to $2500 per referral)
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- commuting benefits - we help subsidize the cost to get to work
- annual wellness incentives (up to $300)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!