ENERCON's Pittsburgh, PA office has an opening for a Part-time Environmental Specialist to serve our client's needs by evaluating, planning, organizing, and performing environmental consulting services.
The position will focus on-site inspections, investigation and reporting. Duties may include:
- Performance of all phases of environmental compliance, audits, assessments and reporting.
- Performance of all phases of environmental due diligence assessments and reporting.
- Performance of field inspections/studies including indoor air quality, asbestos, mold, and lead-based paint surveys, airborne chemical and noise monitoring, and safety management.
- Performance of all phases of subsurface soil and groundwater site investigations.
- Performance of groundwater monitoring and sampling associated with site investigations.
- Ensuring each project is conducted in accordance with ENERCON's Health and Safety Program.
- Ensuring each project is conducted in compliance with applicable Federal, State, and/or local regulations.
- Evaluation of laboratory data with applicable action levels or site-specific closure standards.
- Identification of remedial alternatives based on site-specific soil and groundwater laboratory data.
- Preparation of proposals and technical reports consistent with regulatory guidelines.
- Working directly with the Environmental / Geosciences and Compliance Leads to achieve client and ENERCON objectives
- Performing, coordinating and supervising field activities associated with site assessments. Requires local travel and on occasion 2-3 day trips.
As a qualified candidate, you will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or Engineering preferred.
- Experience in environmental due diligence, industrial hygiene, and safety, subsurface soil and groundwater investigations, groundwater monitoring and sampling, and remedial actions using varied techniques.
- Computer skills including knowledge of MS Office Word & Excel.
- Problem-solving skills and general scientific evaluation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain client and regulatory relationships
- Ability to travel; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs; ranging from a few days to a few weeks
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- This position requires a clear Motor Vehicle Report / driving history.
- 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER training.
- Safe Driving Record.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!