At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is seeking a Hydrogeologist/Environmental Geologist to join its Mine Water Division in Arizona. The ideal candidate will have an appreciation for high quality, client-focused work products is essential. The ability and willingness to travel locally and internationally is a necessity. As a key member of the team, you will support existing water resource, mining, and environmental projects using a strong foundation in quantitative hydrogeology.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Field data collection planning and implementation in support of hydrogeologic interpretation. This work may include preparation, installation, and ongoing monitoring and maintenance of field instrumentation for groundwater and surface water monitoring, geologic logging of boreholes, monitoring well installation, oversight of well hydraulic tests, and groundwater and surface water sampling and flow measurements.
- Interpretation of hydrogeologic and hydrologic data using data manipulation tools (such as Excel and Access), and numerical and analytical groundwater and contaminant transport modeling tools.
- Working with engineers, GIS specialists, and other environmental experts to contribute to larger multidisciplinary projects.
- Understanding the regulatory environment as necessary to successfully complete project work.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's in Hydrogeology, Geology (with hydrogeology focus), or Geological Engineering, with an emphasis in fundamental geologic principals and quantitative hydrogeology;
- A minimum of one year relevant work experience;
- A strong interest in field data collection and instrumentation;
- A keen interest in environmental monitoring and sampling;
- Willing to operate and maintain field testing and monitoring equipment;
- Willing and able to travel both locally and internationally. Assignments may include travel to remote locations and outside work in various climates;
- Ability to plan and execute field programs with knowledge of proper sampling techniques;
- Desire to effectively communicate technical information to clients, regulators, and colleagues in a readily-understood format.
- All candidates must have excellent and demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong commitment to quality and timely delivery of services.
- Strong interpersonal, teambuilding and critical thinking skills are essential.
- Previous work experience in environmental permitting;
- Proficient in the use of Excel and Access;
- An interest in quantitative hydrogeologic interpretation
- Previous Health and Safety training, such as OSHA HAZWOPER or MSHA preferred.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee-owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!