Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with members of the Facilities and Real Estate Team in a variety of waste management initiatives
- Setting up tradeshow-like table displays showing different waste items that go into 3 streams: compost, landfill, recycling
- Creating presentation materials and graphics to display benefits of waste separation
- Conducting waste audits at waste dumpsters
- Tracking the level of contamination between waste streams
- Occasionally weighting waste bags for auditing purposes
- Occasionally hand sorting waste objects like soda cans, plastic food containers
- Assisting with other duties related to waste management and sustainability as directed
- Becoming an advocate of sustainability
- Ideally, outgoing personality with the ability to communicate clearly and engage with a diverse audience
- Ideally, we would like to hire a rising Senior in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Occupational Health and Safety or related major. Recent graduates with interest in some aspect of sustainability and protecting the environment are welcome to apply!
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently, collaborate in Teams and display initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; persuasive communication skills highly desired.
- Ability to multi-tasking skills and stay organized.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Spanish bilingual a plus, but not required.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment.
- Requires the ability to walk, move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands (ability to reach over, bend and extend hands).
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, kneeling, etc.
- Work in varying temperature environments (internal and external parts of the building).