Cadmus seeks an entry-level Research Analyst to join the Statistical and Economic Analysis Group of the Energy Services Sector. The Statistical and Economic Analysis Group provides advanced analytic and strategic consulting services to energy companies, utilities, governments, and non-profit organizations.
Our primary areas of focus are:
- Measuring and verifying energy efficiency, demand response, and Smart Grid program energy impacts.
- Performing economic, statistical and econometric modeling and analysis in support of impact evaluations, market transformation analysis, and resource planning.
- Designing survey and site visit sampling plans to collect data required for evaluations and related analyses.
- Work independently and with supervision to manage research projects and participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency, quality and reproducibility of research methods.
- Assist with planning, designing and implementing research and sample design efforts to support program evaluations.
- Conduct primary and secondary data collection and statistical and econometric data analysis.
- Use statistics and econometrics to analyze and interpret data to reach meaningful conclusions and recommendations for inclusion in clearly written, concise reports.
- Ensure high-quality client deliverable in all activities.
- Contribute to proposal efforts.
- Assist with project management activities such as internal project coordination and budget tracking.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative social science.
- Understanding of how to apply statistical and econometric methods to answer research questions.
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
- Experience with using R, SAS, or other statistical software to clean and analyze data
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable driven workplace.
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented skills.
- Initiative and ability to self-direct on assignments.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Some domestic travel may be required.
- Familiarity with energy sector and/or utility industry.
- Academic or professional research experience in any of these areas: economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, database management, public policy, environmental studies.
- Experience in professional/consulting business environment.
- Applied experience with quantitative research activities in academic or professional setting.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
This position will be located in our Portland, OR office.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran’s status or disability.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!