REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USNY02087574
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about, progress.
Join us as a Health, Safety and Environment Specialist and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in New York, New York (JFK Airport Site).
As an HSE Specialist, you will be responsible for actively supporting an HSE preventive culture together with the Head of HSE site, managers, and employees. In doing so you will continually improve focus on preventive actions, reduce injuries, and promote health and environmentally friendly operations.
This position will be an overnight shift from Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday – Thursday.
- Positively involved in the site HSE plan by offering operational support where applicable, providing coaching on HSE processes, and completing regulatory based activities.
- Support the implementation of prevention programs to address local site risks through risk management processes, accident/incident investigations and assist local management team in the interpretation and application of HSE legal and other external requirements.
- Act as a resource to support the recognition, evaluation and control of risks.
- Assist management in the interpretation and application of legal and Bombardier HSE requirements including audits, and ensuring appropriate record keeping.
- Input and extract key data from HSE Information Management System GRACIS.
- Provide coaching support alongside direct involvement to site management and employees on key programs such as accident/incident investigations, HSE risk assessments and Critical Risk controls.
- Support deployment of key HSE behaviors and processes including HSE Tours, and Safety Observations.
- Support training plan, and local site communication/awareness plan on HSE including working alongside site(s) safety committees/teams.
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in an HSE environment conducting safety inspections and implementing OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety
- Experience in the transportation industry
- OSHA 30 certified
- Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP) Certification or completion of Transit Rail System Safety, Transit Rail Incident Investigation, Transit System Security, Effective Managing Transit Emergencies courses.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!