This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months/years with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- The government-wide direct hire authority for Scientific, Technical, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) Occupations, Biologist, GS-0401-11 is being used to fill this position.
- Salary: $66,718 (Step 01) to $86,739 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
- There is one vacancy; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
Learn more about this agency
As a Biologist within the Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans and conducts studies and investigations concerning biological, chemical, and physical processes that affect biology resources. Deploys data-collection systems and manipulates and analyzes data from these systems.
- Analyzes and resolves complex conventional problems. Writes comprehensive reports on study findings and recommendations.
- Modifies and adapts standard techniques, processes, & procedures; assesses, selects, and applies precedents; and devises strategies and plans to overcome significant resource problems related to ecology, fishery, and/or wildlife habitat restoration.
- Analyzes data, performs scientific tests, and conducts studies on the impact of existing or proposed management or public practices on biology resources.
- Develops plans for biology projects including estimates of personnel, equipment, materials, & schedules required to carry out plans. Recommends modifications to project objectives & associated documentation in accordance with established directives.
- Conducts analyses, and reviews results of studies or investigations. Writes reports that include recommendations for changes, elimination, or improvement of operations and program plans.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver to commute to stakeholder meetings and to travel to field sites.
Occasional travel - An average of overnight travel of 1 - 2 nights per month may be required. for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com