Project Manager, BayREN Single Family Program
San Francisco, CA
$101,437.86 - $128,647.79 Annually
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) is the transportation planning, financing and coordinating agency for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area. For more information, visit www.mtc.ca.gov.
The San Francisco Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) is a regional program of the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) and is composed of nine county agencies that comprise the San Francisco Bay Area. BayREN designs and implements effective energy saving programs, and draws on the expertise, experience, and proven track record of Bay Area local governments to develop and administer successful regional and local climate, resource, and sustainability programs; BayREN provides the regional infrastructure needed for delivery of energy efficiency programs throughout the Bay Area.
This position is at the Associate level and is under the direction of the BayREN Program Manager. The BayREN Single Family Project Manager will oversee the implementation of the Single Family residential energy efficiency Sub Program. In addition, the successful candidate will stay abreast of new opportunities for expansion of the energy efficiency offering to layer on activities – and different funding sources – that will help meet the many climate related goals of California. These activities may include electrification, electric vehicle charging, etc.
The successful candidate will have experience with single family energy efficiency programs, including assisting with program design and implementation, experience with outreach to homeowners and contractors, reporting on program performance including energy savings, and knowledge of the energy efficiency policy drivers. The Project Manager will have good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable working with local government personnel. The Project Manager will also have knowledge of relevant California climate policy and goals.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Understanding of California Climate policy, especially as it relates to energy efficiency
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships
• Motivation to take initiative and to work independently
• Significant computer experience working in the MS Office Suite of programs including Word and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deliverables and deadlines, and juggle competing priorities
• Flexibility in adapting to changing circumstances and taking on new roles
An appropriate combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is:
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate field related to the area of assignment, such as transportation planning, project management, public finance, transportation engineering, economics, business or public administration. A Master's degree is desirable. (Applicants with a degree issued from an institution outside the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by an academic accrediting service and provide proof of equivalency along with the application.)
Experience: Two years of increasingly responsible, recent, progressive and verifiable professional experience in a field related to the area of assignment. Preference will be given to those applicants with more years of professional experience.
Possession of a valid California Class C driver's license and a safe driving record, or the ability to provide alternate transportation which is approved by the appointing authority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific assignments and responsibilities, under the supervision of the BayREN Program Manger, include but are not limited to the following:
Vendor & Consultant Collaboration
• Manage multiple vendors
• Provide lead support to coordinate BayREN activities with PG&E, CCEs, Statewide Marketing, etc.
• Work effectively with consultants to refine and implement single family program design consistent with the BayREN Business Plan, and to increase cost effectiveness
Outreach & Marketing
• Oversee and refine marketing tactics to better serve underrepresented market segments including middle income renters and owners, and non-English speakers
• Assist local governments with outreach activities
• Host regular coordination calls for the program and its components
The BayREN Single Family Project Manager will perform other job related duties as assigned.
All employees at MTC are classified as Disaster Services Workers.