This position will be responsible for preparing a variety of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents (environmental reports and assessments; categorical exclusions) assist with biological assessments and preparation of Section 401 and 404 permits as well as other permits for the private and public projects. This position does require some fieldwork as appropriate.
- Conduct literature research for environmental constraints of proposed projects
- Conduct socioeconomic and land use analysis for varied projects
- Complete Indirect and Cumulative Impact Analyses
- Produce map products and analysis as needed to support GIS exhibits for reports
- Prepare environmental documentation, including NEPA documentation (CE, EA, and EIS) for FHWA and FTA, Section 401 and 404 permits and Threatened and Endangered Species Survey Reports
- Assist in preparation and attendance at meetings/communication with federal, state and local agency representatives
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in environmental sciences, transportation planning, environmental planning or similar discipline. Advanced degree a plus
- 5 years' experience with preparing transportation NEPA documentation and environmental permits (Section 404)
- Professional certification including AICP or GISP preferred
- Working knowledge of other environmental regulations such as Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act and Environmental Justice requirements of Executive Order 12898, Section 404 of the Clean Water Act and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act
- Working experience authoring environmental documents and permit applications
- Independent research and problem solving skills within a work environment
- Exceptional technical writing skills**
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- TxDOT environmental pre-certifications preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel; proficiency in ArcGIS preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with all level of employees in an organization
- Must be flexible to work within the office hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday; occasional overtime as need to meet project deadlines
**Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide a technical writing sample.
- Advanced Degree
- Professional certification – AICP/GISP
Pape-Dawson Engineers is an AA/EEO employer.