In the role of Environmental Science Summer Intern, we'll count on you to:
- Offer real-world experience on exciting projects
- Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals programs
- Apply standard scientific techniques and procedures
- Perform assignments under the direct supervision of a professional or Project Manager
- Perform other duties as needed
- Responsibilities may include the preparation of wetland delineation reports, environmental permit applications, National Environmental Policy Act documents, and biological assessments.
- Additional responsibilities may include the field collection and/or mapping of natural resource data, figure/graphic preparation, and GIS data analysis.
- Must be junior, senior, or graduate student enrolled in a degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Biology, Environmental Engineering or related field.
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Ability and willingness to accommodate field working conditions and overnight travel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail a must
- Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Knowledge of CAD a plus• Esri ArcGIS experience preferred.
- Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com