Requisition Number: 41706
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Position: OSP Utility Designer
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. DRG specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for utility companies nationwide. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that thrive in this type of environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
- Collaborate with others (project managers, other engineers, clients, technicians, and administration) to learn how to devise the best infrastructure solutions.
- Execute and plan daily goals while meeting quality, time and budget constraints.
- Apply engineering design standards to aerial and underground pole/line cable including Joint -Use Design, Make Ready, Pole Replacement, Primary Service,
- Reliability/Maintenance Design, Upgrades, Voltage Conversion, and Tie Lines.
- Visually identify, inspect, and record equipment and structures in the right-of-way
- Perform field audits of existing electrical distribution activities
- Analyze and produce cost-effective design solutions
- Perform 2-D Civil type design in (Micro Station and Pole Foreman)
- Resolve anticipated construction problems through drawings
- Select and interpret data, based on design intent
- Coordinate and plan design and drafting projects
- Apply NESC Standards
- BS in Civil/Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to endure frequent: driving, standing, walking long distances (up to 5 miles or more in a day), navigate through rough terrain on foot and lifting/balancing objects that may weigh up to 20 lbs.
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to safely drive/operate a 4x4 vehicle.
- Must be computer literate – especially MS Word, Excel, MS Project, and/or Google Chrome.
- Must be willing to travel overnight as needed.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Micro-station, Pole Foreman, SPIDA Calc.
- Proven ability to deal with governing authorities and their requirements, negotiate with private landowners and provide communication, instruction, and guidance as needed to contractors.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and operate customer based proprietary software and other computer systems to expedite and facilitate the work order process.
- Strong electrical distribution technical knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution construction and planning procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics and plans.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable traveling within service territory of customer. The Davey Resource Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is focused and relentless in our pursuit to help our utility clients deliver safe, accurate, and reliable utility services to their customers. We are results-driven by our great people and the technology at our fingertips. Various full-time positions available. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Compensation is based upon experience, qualifications and education. DRG offers, incentive programs, excellent benefits. Full-time positions include options to buy company stock and participate in a 401k after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment drug screen, background screening and Social Security Number verification required.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.