Apprentice Climber | Climbing Arborist Trainee
Davey Surgery, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is pleased to offer a key opportunity as an apprentice climber (climbing arborist trainee) in the field of utility line clearance. This position reports to San Jose every morning with work site locations throughout Santa Clara County.
What We Offer:
- Our apprenticeship program will provide all the training you will need to learn how to climb trees
- Progressive advancement in job classification and wage
- Qualified Line Clearance training and certification program
- Benefits through IBEW 1245 including health insurance and pension
- Opportunity to travel
- Opportunity for overtime work
What You'll Do:
- Perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for major electric utility providers. Including but not limited to:
- Pruning treetops, repairing damaged trees by trimming or removal
- Removing broken limbs from utility lines, roofs, and other objects
- Tree identification and pruning to industry guidelines
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
- Operate as an active crew member with supporting ground crew and foreman.
- How high you grow depends on you!
What We're Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: line clearance experience or other related work
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Preferred: Valid driver’s license with Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist ®, ISA Certified Tree Worker ®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional ®
The Davey Tree Surgery Company is a subsidiary of The Davey Tree Expert Company and provides a full range of utility tree care services and is based in Livermore, Calif. Davey Tree has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.