The Department of Environmental Quality, Northern Regional Office, is seeking a qualified candidate to join the Virginia Vehicle Emissions Inspection and Maintenance Program. The position provides oversight of the licensed emissions inspectors and certified repair technicians who conduct inspections and repairs of mobile sources for air pollution and enforce state regulations through a variety of audits (overt and covert) and statistical analyses. In addition the position will provide technical and programmatic instruction, guidance, and direction to emissions inspectors and certified emissions repair technicians to ensure proper implementation of the program as well as programmatic, technical, and consumer assistance to the general public regarding the program.
- In depth knowledge of vehicle emissions inspection programs, concepts and terminology.
- Thorough knowledge of computerized engine systems, ignition systems, fuel systems, emissions systems, and internal combustion engines.
- Ability to enforce regulations with firmness and tact and to negotiate agreements between two parties.
- Ability to explain and interpret regulations, software specifications and other technical documents in a clear, concise and meaningful manner to persons of varying backgrounds.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and well-organized reports outlining methods used, facts uncovered, activities performed and/or recommendations for action.
- Ability to ascertain and interpret facts through personal contact, observation and research.
- Thoroughly familiar with computer system operations and proficient in the use of computers, including use of word processing, spread sheets, communications and graphics applications.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com