Wetland Scientist for Environmental Consulting Firm
Raedeke Associates, Inc. is looking for an experienced Wetland Scientist. We are a small, employee-owned Environmental Consulting firm located in the Northgate area of north Seattle. The position is non-exempt hourly with a flexible work schedule. We have a casual office environment and offer free parking with easy access to many local services.
Summary of Duties:
The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to manage projects and participate in all aspects related to wetland assessments, including wetland delineations, wetland ratings, data analysis, wetland mitigation and monitoring, permitting, and wetland report preparation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in plant ecology, wildlife, or related fields
- Certification as, or ability to obtain, a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or Wetland Professional in Training (WPIT) through the Society of Wetland Scientists
- Completed University of Washington Wetland Certification or similar program
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in wetland assessments
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Knowledge of SEPA and regional wetland regulations
- PNW Section 404/401 wetland permitting experience
- Training and experience with the current Washington Department of Ecology (WDOE) Wetland Rating System and credit-debit analysis method for calculating mitigation requirements
- Training and experience as a Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL) support for critical areas would be a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Construction work-site experience
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package
Send resume and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.