Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission seeks a Senior Project Development Specialist to serve as a resource to the agency and members in advancing and implementing the Region’s Long-Range Plan through outreach and coordination with regional stakeholders. Assess opportunities and assist in coordination of local transportation projects identification, development and delivery activities. Assist administration of the regional Transportation Alternatives (TA) Set-Aside Program. Reports to Transportation Program Development Manager.
- Assist administration and oversight of the regional Transportation Alternatives Set-Aside Program.
- Assist in the administration and oversight of other SPC competitive funding programs.
- Assist in developing the region’s Transportation Improvement Program
- Develops funding scenarios and helps secure funding and support for transportation project development and delivery.
- Assists project sponsors in planning for and advancing local priorities through coordination and collaboration. Identify innovative, nontraditional finance opportunities in order to help advance projects that achieve the Regional Vision and meet identified needs. Ensures project work is in compliance with agency goals and procedures and helps to advance the Vision, Goals and Strategies of the region’s Long Range Plan.
- Represents SPC with local planning initiatives, stakeholder groups, steering committees, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban/Transportation Planning, Public Policy/Administration, Project Management or other closely related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-6 years of related professional experience in agency, business community and stakeholder outreach and coordination.
- Working knowledge of the PennDOT project development process.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of grant funding, allocation and obligation.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with public officials at all levels.
- Working knowledge of federal and state transportation planning and programming rules and regulations.
- Strong oral, writing, organization, and presentation skills to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Microsoft Office skills with the ability to learn new software applications
Salary commensurate with experience/qualifications.
Email confidential resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com