Requisition Number: 39643
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES - Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: No Diploma
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
JOB: Climbing Arborist-Trainee / Tree Trimmer Trainee
Starting Date: Immediately. Applications accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
Davey Tree is seeking a Climbing Arborist-Trainee to join our Residential/Commercial Tree Care team in San Francisco, CA. Those with prior experience in Forestry, Landscape or experience in relatable fields of work (concrete, construction, electrical, landscaping) or outdoor work experience (lawn care, yard care, mowing, gardener, weed control, maintenance) are encourages to apply..
- Support Foreman and Trimmer(s) completing tree pruning, removal, cabling & bracing
- Maintain clean and orderly drop zone while running ropes and supplying tools to Trimmer(s) and Foreman
- Operate chipper, trucks, stump grinders or special equipment
- Cutting, chipping and loading brush and wood and proper job site cleanup
- Participate in job-site Hazards, Obstacles, Plan, Equipment (H.O.P.E) process
- Responsible for maintaining crew gear and equipment as directed by Foreman
- Make satisfactory progress in Davey Career Development Program
- Willingness to learn to prune trees and shrubs from ground
- Prior experience operating chippers & chainsaws highly valuable
- Understand the safe use of equipment (handsaw, chippers, chainsaws, etc)
- Control road and sidewalk traffic as needed by use of warning devices and other methods
- Understand proper job site set up and cleanup procedures
- Pesticide license, if required by state law
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Willingness to work outdoors during a variety of weather conditions
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid Driver's License preferred. Commercial Driver's License highly valuable
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Potential for overtime
- Carpooling / Rideshare may be available
- 5 minute walk to South San Francisco BART station
- Crew Room (employee break room) is set next to a lake and has a T.V. and pool table for down time
- Work in beautiful SF Bay area with amazing views, near the ocean, and enjoy all that San Francisco offers (museums, world renowned cuisine, night life)
- Enjoy team camaraderie while you work - -crew is focused on safety but also have fun, family vibe
- All uniforms, climbing gear and PPE provided (uniforms cleaned and laundered at no cost to you)
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses
- Reimbursement is available for industry related certifications
- Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Generous performance incentive plan
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid time off vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick leave
- 401K retirement plan with employer matched contribution + opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year of FT employment
- Employee referral bonus program
- Management mentoring program available should you desire to advance your career
- Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify/Social Security Number Verification and Criminal Background Check are required.
- The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Full time hourly position and compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and option to buy Company stock after 1 year of employment, plus access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
- Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
The Davey Tree Legacy
Since 1880, our clients have trusted us to care for their most precious natural assets. Our history is rooted in preserving and caring for trees, but our evolution has grown to include whole natural environments. Davey is one of only a handful of companies in the world that can claim this rich, century-plus heritage and a record of continuous growth, even during tough economic times.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.