Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company, is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and want to bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are engineers for a sustainable future!
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Work side-by-side with our Chief Sustainability Strategist to lead or support multiple USGBC LEED green building certifications from the initial project charrette to plaque award.
- Support Living Building Challenge, WELL, Fitwel, and Ecodistricts certifications for single and multiple building developments.
- Develop and track sustainability strategies on projects in collaboration with our engineering, lighting, and commissioning staff.
- Lead or contribute to Glumac education sessions.
- Write or contribute to articles for our Sustainability Matters blog and industry publications.
- Assist in the development of content for project proposals.
Reports to the Chief Sustainability Strategist
- This position will support sustainability projects and initiatives across Glumac’s offices.
- The successful candidate will have a growing proficiency in project management and communicating sustainability topics to clients, project teams, industry partners and the company.
- As a Sustainability Strategist, the candidate will support client project goals and help to bring the most relevant, economically viable sustainability alternatives to project teams and our engineers.
- We are seeking a passionate individual who enjoys advocating for sustainability inside and outside of the company. This includes leading or supporting education initiatives for our employees and helping to advance our Corporate Sustainability Reporting.
- The Sustainability Strategist’s success will be measured by employee and business value to the firm. Relevant metrics include client feedback, project profitability, and employee engagement.
The Sustainability Strategist should work to integrate sustainability into the fabric of the company by acting as a liaison to our clients, employees, and industry partners seeking to increase their sustainability initiatives. A successful candidate’s performance will be reviewed after a 90-day trial period.
- Dynamic, passionate, and eager to learn
- LEED AP BD+C or ID+C accreditation is mandatory
- LFA, WELL, Fitwel and/or Ecodistricts accreditations are a bonus
- Some experience utilizing LCA tools to analyze carbon impacts from building materials and systems is a bonus
- Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written form
- Comfortable speaking in group situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, urban planning, engineering, energy or environmental management, or construction
- 2-5 years in the A/E industry as a sustainability professional