Executive Assistant to EVP/CPO
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant to our Executive Vice President/Chief Program Officer (EVP/CPO) should be highly organized, energetic, and a go-getter to assist executive level staff at Ceres. The role supports the EVP/CPO and by extension, the leadership teams reporting to the EVP/CPO. This full-time position, based on our Boston office, provides a combination of administrative and programmatic support. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the EVP/CPO and leadership teams directed by this role, in integrating programmatic priorities across the organization;
- Support the EVP/CPO in setting agendas for meetings and bi-weekly Staff Updates report and meetings;
- Support the EVP/CPO in meetings, including taking minutes and ensuring appropriate follow up from the meetings
- Support the EVP/CPO with scheduling, travel logistics and expense reports, fundraising engagements, and team meetings;
- Act as primary point of contact for EVP/CPO; prioritize phone calls and correspondence, determine actions and ensure follow-through of activities to completion.
- Schedule appointments to synchronize with the President/CEO’s office calendar
- Work closely with the Innovation and Evaluation team to help develop and manage program support systems, including organization-wide tools and resources for annual planning, activity/events and deliverable tracking, and calendars
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, processing reimbursements, and sending correspondence;
- Provide support to EVP/CPO Team for any activities related to Ceres annual conference, Investor Summit and other organization-wide events such as the Annual All Staff Meeting
- Serve as Salesforce database point person and provide data entry support
- Special Projects as assigned.
- 2 years of experience where strong administrative, organizing and logistical skills were developed.
- 1 year of full-time work experience supporting a senior level staff member, preferred.
- General interest in climate change or sustainability issues desired.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive approach to creating and continually improving systems
- Sound judgment, high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to handle confidential information and to maintain a high level of discretion, diplomacy and courtesy in all contacts with staff, board and external people
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including consistently professional telephone communications and good writing ability
- Ability to work both independently with limited direction and collaboratively with a team
- Successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs
- Familiarity with a CRM Database (such as Salesforce), a plus.
- Willingness to continue learning
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please should submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.