Requisition Number: 39696
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV - DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
The Davey Resource Group Inc
POSITION: Associate Consultant to Urban Forestry
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
Davey Resource Group (DRG) has an opportunity in the field of urban forestry as an associate consultant working with residential, commercial, and government clients.
POSITION LOCATION: Los Angeles/Orange County Region. Periodic travel after initial orientation. Flexible work shifts.
- Perform tree assessments and field inventories
- Pest identification and monitoring
- Review civil, architectural, and landscape architecture plans, details, and specifications for conflicts with trees and monitor construction projects
- Prepare tree preservation plans, specifications, and detailed reports
- Provide site consultations and inspections for a variety of clients
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources or related discipline
- International Society for Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist and ability to obtain, or currently possess, Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ)
- Background/experience in urban forestry or landscape architecture, and data collection/field computers
- Strong knowledge of/experience in the following: arboriculture, tree preservation, tree root patterns and morphology, pest identification and management, tree care operations, large tree transplanting, and forest and landscape plant identification (including trees/shrubs)
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, technical report writing, and attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with design and construction management teams
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain, in inclement weather, and to travel as needed
- Ability to work independently and under remote supervision
- Self-driven desire to improve processes and procedures for client and company goals
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time position. Wage depends on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.