The Care of Trees, is seeking a Trimmer Trainee to join our Residential/Commercial Tree Care team in Alexandria, VA. Those with prior experience in Forestry, Landscape or working at height are encouraged to apply. Experience in related fields of work (concrete, construction, electrical, landscaping) or outdoor work experience (lawn care, yard care, mowing, gardener, weed control, maintenance) is desirable.
Trainees will work directly with the territory's trainer and crew leaders to learn all aspects of Arboricultural operations. After familiarization with ground duties such as job-site setup, chipping, and chainsaw operation, Trainees will learn skills necessary for pruning trees to ANSI A300 guidelines. Trainees will progress through Davey's Career Development Program as they learn to utilize ropes for ascending and working in trees.
· Function as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
· Make satisfactory progress in Davey's Career Development Program
· Operate chainsaws, chippers, stump grinders, and other equipment as needed on job-sites
· Utilize ropes for work positioning at heights up to 60 feet, while pruning or removing trees
· Maintain issued personal gear, crew gear, and equipment
· Learn tree Identification and ANSI A300 Pruning guidelines
· Background in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Landscaping, or working at heights
· Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
· Valid Commercial Driver's License Required
· Willingness to work outdoors during a variety of weather conditions
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
BENEFITS / WE OFFER:
· Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
· Potential for overtime
· Professional Development & growth opportunities
· Generous performance incentive plan
· Excellent benefits offered
o Medical, Dental, Vision plans
o Paid time off vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick leave
o 401K retirement plan, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year
o Employee referral bonus program
· All gear and PPE provided
· Industry related training and special Davey training courses
· Internships and management mentoring program
Full time hourly position and compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and option to buy Company stock after 1 year of employment, plus access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify/Social Security Number Verification and Criminal Background Check are required.
The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
The Davey Tree Legacy
Since 1880, our clients have trusted us to care for their most precious natural assets. Our history is rooted in preserving and caring for trees, but our evolution has grown to include whole natural environments. Davey is one of only a handful of companies in the world that can claim this rich, century-plus heritage and a record of continuous growth, even during tough economic times.