Requisition Number: 39700
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES - Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: None
Lawn Care Technician
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Lawn Care Technician to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Cultivate your career and fertilize your future!
- Properly diagnose insects, weeds, and fungus conditions, as well as pest shelter areas and conducive conditions.
- Communicate and educate the client regarding the diagnosis and the prescribed pest control, aerification, and fertilization service(s) with customers.
- Continuously monitor lawn quality and fertilizing methods after application and communicate progress to customers and supervisors.
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate equipment (truck and sprayer).
What We’re Looking For:
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture, or Landscaping
- Preferred: Turf, Weed, Tree and shrub ID, Pathology, and knowledge of turf or tree physiology
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Qualified Plant Health Care Tech training program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.