Company Name: The Care of Trees
Service Line: 7RES - TCOT Residential
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: None
Tree Care Groundperson/Landscaper
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest Employee Owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Tree Care Groundperson to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- You will be the eyes, ears and hands on the ground as you assist the climbers, foreman, and other crew members.
- Performing all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients. Including but not limited to:
- Pruning, thinning and remving deadwood throughout the tree canopy
- Installatin of cables, bracing and lightening protection systems
- Remval of hazardous trees
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
Skills We’re Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Must be able to lift 50 punds
- Preferred: Valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist ®, ISA Certified Tree Worker ®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional ®
What We Offer:
- Competitive hourly wage with opportunities for overtime pay.
- All climbing gear and PPE are provided.
- Employee stock options available after 1 complete year of service
- 401k with employer match available after 1 complete year of service
- Employer sponsored health, vision, dental, life and short-term disability coverage options available for eligible employees
- Access to our exceptional career development program, industry related training, and proprietary Davey training courses
- Reimbursement for industry related certifications
- Opportunities for career advancement, internships, and management mentoring programs are available.
- $1000 employee referral program with unlimited referrals
- Performance Plus Program: Earn quarterly gift card bonuses for meeting safety targets.
- SPTO Plan for eligible employees: Earn paid time off with hours worked. Includes overtime.
The Care of Trees, Inc., a Davey company, provides a full range of tree care services and has offices throughout Illinois, New York, Connecticut and Washington, D.C. The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.