Coast Composites takes safety seriously, and we require all of our employees to use the standard industry practices to keep everyone safe on the job. To that end, we're seeking an experienced Safety Manager who can evaluate the safety protocols followed at our locations, organize safety training for employees and report problems to management with solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience in the manufacturing industry and understand the specific safety issues inherent to manufacturing. The job includes significant on the floor work at two separate locations, so reliable transportation and a flexible schedule are a must.
As a hands-on Plant Environmental, Health and Safety Manager at Coast Composites, you will engage with us as we promote health and safety initiatives to support each employee's need to flourish and thrive. While you perform, you'll be building relationships, your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Plant Environmental, Health and Safety Manager at Coast Composites, you will be part of our success by:
* Managing, developing, reviewing and maintaining the EHS management systems in line with company policies and standards and respective external agencies such as OSHA, CUPA, Storm Water, AQMD, etc. Establish and sustain a culture of health & safety.
* Maintain and sustain our behavioral safety program and observations.
* Managing an effective site Safety Committee, facilitating regular Safety related meetings.
* Managing all safety and environmental incidents and the incident investigation process to include near misses while conducting accident investigations.
* Provide, create system and use actual incident reports to educate the team on what we need to do going forward to prevent similar incidents that can be shared during shift kick-off meetings.
* Managing tracking, reporting, and analyzing EHS performance and implementing corrective action as necessary.
* Proactively engaging in the safety training and safety development of all employees.
* Conducting and coordinating monthly safety training. Mandatory & site specific.
* Conducting safety orientation.
* Research and implement new materials handling processes.
* Managing trends, statistics, reporting and budget. Know your numbers - Be ready to present.
* Work with the team; understand the business and engage in an effort to gain trust.
* Ensuring achievement of safety key performance indicators and adherence to continuous improvement elements.
* Oversee the applications for and receipt of necessary permits.
* Lead injury and incident inquiries, investigations and evaluations.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Manufacturing industry knowledge, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
* High School diploma, certification or equivalent
* RRCA experience
* Lean manufacturing experience
* Continuous improvement experience
* Demonstrated significant experience with Health & Safety in a manufacturing setting.
* Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies.
* Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
* Travel between sites (Santa Ana & Irvine)
* Bachelor's Degree in one of the following disciplines. Environmental Sciences, Occupational Health & Safety (or related)
* Must be knowledgeable of safety and environmental regulations
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com