Requisition Number: 38773
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%
Utility Systems Specialist
Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.
DUTIES: The Utility Systems Specialist inspects and compiles data on power lines, electric utility equipment, and telecommunication facilities attached to utility poles in the right-of-way. The Technician uses a field computer linked with a GPS unit to record data at each utility pole. The position is 100% outdoors and requires hiking from pole to pole with all pertinent equipment including (but not limited to) computer, GPS unit, digital camera, and fiberglass hook stick.
Education and Qualifications:
• Previous experience successfully working as a Utility Systems Technician or equivalent experience in the industry will be required.
• High school diploma and valid driver’s license required
• Two to four year degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Technology, Geography, GIS or related discipline or equivalent experience in a similar position is preferred
• Electric Hazard Identification, Electric Equipment Identification, and Communication Equipment Identification capability is preferred
• Specific OSHA 1910.269 Qualified Training is preferred but will be provided as required by the project (including but not limited to use and testing of rubber insulating gloves, electric meter change out, use of insulated measuring sticks, open enclosure methodology, use of phasing tools
• Electric utility and telecommunications experience preferred
• Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft products - highly tech savvy is a plus.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.