The Regional Environmental Engineer (REE) will be responsible for environmental compliance at Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centers in Singapore. The REE will develop standards and policies to support regulatory compliance and provide environmental compliance guidance for regional operations and construction teams. The individual will complete environmental performance analysis, establish and monitor metrics, and guide the teams in implementation of Amazon environmental standards. The REE will work with internal and external partners that include government entities, contractors, consultants, design, construction, operations and other key stakeholders. This position is based in Singapore and will require regular domestic travel and occasional international travel. English speaking and writing proficiency is required.
The Regional Environmental Engineer must have excellent communication skills, strong environmental regulatory knowledge, particularly with respect to Singapore regulations and standards, demonstrated success in program management, and experience leading teams in complex and technical projects.
· Manage and oversee compliance with local and federal environmental regulations and Amazon policy.
· Develop regional strategic programs by integrating with engineering, construction, and operations.
· Drive an environmentally responsible culture within the organization.
· Function as a leader regarding regulatory agency interactions, permit evaluation and processing, and new process and technology introduction
· Ensure work performed by contractors, consultants, and employees is completed in accordance with Amazon standards.
· Develop environmental metrics to measure, monitor and forecast performance
· Conduct thorough and accurate environmental audits for continuous improvement.
· Prioritize and manage multiple technically complex assignments concurrently.
· Represent Amazon at appropriate levels with governmental agencies and throughout the company.
· Build collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to ensure risks are identified early and managed appropriately.
· Submit time critical reports to various governmental agencies
· Complete thorough and accurate environmental incident investigations and associated regulatory reports and develop appropriate corrective actions
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, chemical or environmental engineering or related field of study.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience serving as an environmental technical resource, environmental manager, program specialist, or program manager
· Experience with contractual, regulatory, and liability assessments, air permit evaluations and applications, planning approvals, water discharge requirements, and waste management
· Broad knowledge of global environmental regulations and programs
· Experience leading change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence those that are not direct reports or within your organization
· Experience successfully implementing environmental systems
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, solid influencing and negotiation skills, and the ability to coach at multiple levels
· Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Windows Operating Systems
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with senior leaders inside and outside the company
· Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com