Amazon's Customer Packaging Experience team is looking for an experienced and motivated Business Analyst with outstanding leadership skills, and proven ability to develop, enhance, automate, and manage business and financial models using strong quantitative skills. The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modeling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideation and working from concept through to execution.
The position will drive operational excellence by balancing a range of critical business, cost and CX factors related to packaging, including labor, transportation costs, material intensity, and product damages. This role will also build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep into root causes of operational issues or challenges, drive process improvements, build KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and metrics, un-earth opportunities and present findings and recommendations to business partners and management.
A qualified candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage medium to large-scale models and tools that are statistically grounded but also explainable operationally. In addition, an ideal candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong focus on internal customers and professional demeanor and high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts/frameworks, algorithms and technology rapidly as changes arise.
Additional responsibilities may include:
· Manipulating/mining data from databases ( SQL Server, Redshift, Oracle DW)
· Collaborating with BI/Data Engineer teams and drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to continually improve data quality
· Creating automated metrics, reports and dashboards using complex databases, data warehouses and web application technologies
· Providing analytical network support to improve quality and standard work results
· Root cause research to identify process breakdowns within departments and providing data through use of various skill sets to find solutions to breakdown
· Fostering culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
· 3+ years of strong quantitative and qualitative experience in operations, supply chain, logistics, packaging engineering or related field.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science,
· Proficiency with TABLEAU, Microsoft Excel to include making charts, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros, and visual basic knowledge
· Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (Redshift, SQL, MySQL)
· Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, and demand modeling
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds.
· Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or other technical field from an accredited university
· Familiarity with the processes used in Amazon fulfillment network and supply chain operations
· Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
· Experience in Statistical Software such as R, SAS, SPSS, MINITAB
· Experience using one or more VBA, Python, MATLAB, Java, C++ programming languages
· Experience with Amazon Quality operations and/or Standard Work
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority /
Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com