LOCATIONS: Santa Ana, Glendale, San Diego
Chambers Group, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm headquartered in Santa Ana, CA with additional Southern California office locations in San Diego, El Centro, and Los Angeles Area/Glendale. Chambers Group provides environmental planning, regulatory permitting, technical studies for biological and cultural resources, and construction mitigation monitoring. We want the best and brightest to join our team – individuals with talent, passion, and commitment who bring new ideas, creativity, and energy. You will find variety, challenges, and growth opportunities. We invite you to discover the potential career opportunities available to you at Chambers Group with our current open positions. For more information please visit www.chambersgroupinc.com
We have an immediate need for a Senior Environmental Planner, with 10+ years of experience in environmental consulting project and preparing and managing NEPA and CEQA documents.
Description and Desired Qualifications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate ability to manage large projects (complex, multidisciplinary projects; EIS/EIR/PEA/AFC) on time and within budget.
- Demonstrate extensive experience providing guidance to clients and team members with federal and state regulations, including CEQA/NEPA, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and Endangered Species acts.
- Provide technical training and supervision to staff.
- Provide a high-level of quality control.
- Demonstrate experience managing MSAs, including administrative duties, such as staffing, scheduling, budgeting and allocating resources to meet project requirements.
- Develop proposals; serve as proposal manager; manage preparation of proposals for complex projects, including development of budgets and schedules.
- Act as Project Manager to define and oversee work plan for projects under his/her supervision.
- Coordinate project tasks to meet cost and schedule objectives and is responsible for project performance to meet client and company objectives.
- Serve as primary client contact on multiple projects under his/her supervision.
- Serve as technical lead on designated projects.
- Provide input to Manager/Director to assure the proper utilization and scheduling of staff and advises of project status.
- Assist with technical review/guidance for departmental staff members.
- Responsible for new bookings with existing and new clients.
- Assist with quality control.
- Contributes to Department and Company Objectives and Key Results.
- Implements project health and safety standards.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Demonstrates initiative, independent thinking and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, and exemplary work habits, especially related to safety, common sense, punctuality, and adaptability.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Computer/technology skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize critical thinking; a flexible approach to problem-solving; excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), planning, and organizational skills; problem solving; research capabilities and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated public speaking/presentation skills preferred.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technical discipline required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree – in Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, Geography or a closely related field, advanced degree may substitute for years of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of environmental laws and regulations such as NEPA and CEQA
- Experience managing MSAs, including administrative duties such as staffing, scheduling, budgeting, and allocating resources to meet project requirements.
The position is full-time. Chambers Group provides excellent benefits and opportunities for growth.
Please reply to email@example.com immediately with your resume and cover letter.
Chambers Group Inc. is an employee owned company and an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusion and diversity. EOE-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity. Chambers Group Inc. will make employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com