Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
At Florida Power & Light, our people are our biggest asset. Everyday our employees help us deliver safe, affordable, and reliable service to our more than 4.8 million customers. With eight nuclear reactors at five plant sites around the country, today, FPL’s nuclear fleet is one of the largest in the nation. Currently, we are seeking a Senior Environmental Specialist to join our team at our Turkey Point Nuclear Plant. This dual unit nuclear facility is located on a beautiful 11,000-acre site protected by mangrove trees. The site is located about 25 miles south of Miami, Florida and generates enough power to supply the annual needs of more than 1 million homes.
As part of the Turkey Point Nuclear organization, you will have the ability to perform comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews, assist with facility compliance audits, and conduct environmental licensing and permitting activities. This role is also responsible for the following:
• Routine interactions with State and County Environmental Auditors
• Conducts routine environmental construction compliance self-inspections in the field.
• Ensures the company's compliance with environmental requirements, and resolves environmental matters.
• Ensures plant chemistry/radiochemistry operations are within prescribed regulatory and operating limits.
• Preserves plant system and equipment reliability by performance analysis, projects, procedure development, revision and review, performance improvement, and corrective action.
• Prepares, studies and plans for projects having direct effect on O and M, capital expenses and plant equipment.
• Supports plant and personnel safety, human performance, performance improvement, quality assurance and corrective action programs in day-to-day activities.
If this sounds like your next career move, apply today!
Employees in this job are responsible for providing expert environmental support for new and existing facilities including due diligence, permitting, regulatory compliance, regulatory interpretation and development, and interface with Federal, State, and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements
• Performs comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews
• Assists with facility compliance audits
• Conducts environmental licensing and permitting activities
• Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions
• Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers
• Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience: 5+ years
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com