NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy Resources is searching for a bright and forward-thinking Senior Environmental Specialist who will thrive in an environment that encourages innovative solutions, teamwork, and personal growth. Our talented employees are the drivers of excellence and continued growth for the company. At NextEra, we invest in our people and encourage them to develop and grow both personally and professionally. We look forward to collaborating with team members to create a positive impact to the individual, the company, our communities, and the environment. The Senior Environmental Specialist position primarily supports the company’s Gas Infrastructure Division, and is responsible for assisting in environmental due diligence for acquisitions, and assisting in the siting and permitting activities for midstream, upstream, and pipeline projects. Out of state travel is required and fluctuates depending on project needs, but primary responsibilities will be in the Houston office.
Primary (Essential) Job Functions: (List is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
Employees in this job are responsible for providing expert environmental support for new and existing facilities including due diligence, permitting, regulatory compliance, regulatory interpretation and development, and interface with Federal, State, and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements
• Performs comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews
• Assists with facility compliance audits
• Conducts environmental licensing and permitting activities
• Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions
• Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers
• Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience: 5+ years
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com