NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
We strengthen and engage our greatest assets - our employees!
The Environmental GIS Analyst will be responsible for supporting various energy technology projects from early stage development through construction and operations. Under limited supervision, the Environmental GIS Analyst will support development projects by collecting and analyzing data obtained from a variety of private and public databases, authoring original content, GIS application and database development, research, spatial analysis, and map production. The Environmental GIS Analyst will assist with development of tools for outreach activities and internal communications as well as identify and deliver innovative solutions to meet dynamic business needs for the company. In addition to exceptional GIS skills, the successful candidate will be business-minded, and have the aptitude to understand complex and competitive business scenarios quickly. The Environmental GIS Analyst will utilize ArcGIS 10.x software, but may be asked to learn other software tools quickly.
Position Roles & Responsibilities:
Required;Experience: 3+ years;
This job is responsible for obtaining environmental approvals, licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing NextEra, Inc. facilities from Federal, State and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements
• Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions
• Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers
• Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:3+ years
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com